Friday, January 20, 2023

Crafty Traveling and Happy 4th Birthday to the Rabbit Hole Designs

Hello Friends!

I'm continuing to enjoy the new release from The Rabbit Hole Designs (TRHD), and used my holiday cruise coloring time to create this simple, sweet birthday card. 


            How to:  I used masking and the triple balloon image and large gift box from the Year Four Birthday stamp set as a combo to create a big rainbow balloon bouquet that seems to be air-dropping this gift onto a pretty green hillside.  After coloring this "ballon bomb" of love with my colored pencils, I (re-)affixed the masks over the balloon and gift box and gently blended the sky and hills below.  Peeled off the masks and voila! -- A one layer image that will zip through the mail and provide a lot of color and cheer for the recipient.  


This picture is an in-progress shot of today's card--taken on the veranda of our stateroom on a glorious Caribbean cruise our family enjoyed over the holidays.  I find it SO relaxing to color on vacation!  Here is the gear I bring along: 

1. A plastic zip top pouch full of pre-stamped images and even some coloring pages.

2. Dollar Store plastic box packed with my well-loved Prismascolors.  I wad up a piece or two of paper towel in the top when traveling to protect the points.  This box lives in my carry on luggage in case of "found time" in airports. 

3. A Mono Sand eraser because I'm not as neat as I wish I was.

4. A good sharp metal pencil sharpener.  Not fancy, at all, (less than $5) and I sharpen my pencils straight into that little baggy on the table.  What everyone says is totally true:  A sharp point is critical for successful pencil work!

5. A good pair of craft scissors in case I'm feeling some fussy-cutting is called for.

And that's it--this "go kit" is always at the ready and has been everywhere with me including the waiting room of our local hospital, California, India, France, the Caribbean, Las Vegas, and even back to Ohio (not only the Heart of it All, but also the state in which I was born).  

No matter where I go I can count on that calm, Zen feeling as I color away my troubles.  

Do you have a coloring go kit?  I'd love to see a picture!

Thanks for stopping by,

Essie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Flowers with Hero Arts Digitals