Monday, January 9, 2023

Cappucino Dreaming with Hero Arts

Hello friends!  I'm excited to help Hero Arts introduce its January 2023 release, which is all about love --and it includes some great new digital products!  I love digital designs: They're versatile, inexpensive, easy to work with, and take up ZERO storage space in my overstuffed craft room.  


 My card uses images from both the Love Letter digital kit and the Valentine Mugs Printable

These are the contact sheets for each set -- each image is a stand alone and can be resized, colored, flipped and altered to suit your needs.  I'm NOT a digital wizard and use no special software to make these cards--in fact, I use free Google software that I access with my gmail address. 


How I made my card:  I printed the Italian script heart in black onto lightweight card stock using my laser jet printer and cut the page down to 4.75X6.75 inches and ran it through my Minc machine with gold toner foil.   You can skip the foil if you don't have a Minc or a laminator, but if you do. . . . Foil All The Things!

Next I inserted the "you fill my cup" sentiment into the whipped cream topped mug, and printed and foiled it and, after coloring it with my Copics, fussy cut it and put some foam pieces on the back to add dimension to my project.

I made a copy paper reverse mask to fit the large heart image and used Cotton Candy core ink to ink blend that big Italian heart.  Going a little too heavy-handed with my blending in one spot helped create dimension since I had to make some other deeper-colored sections of the heart. I love these happy accidents! 

I positioned the popped up mug at the bottom of that big heart, and plopped the whole panel onto a light gray (Hero Arts Granite) 5X7 (A7) card base.  And that's the card.  I'm calling it "Cappuccino Dreaming."



I'll be back later this month with some more Hero Arts cards using their new digital images. 

Until then, Happy Creating--I can't wait to see what you make!

Essie

 







22 comments:

  1. Well that is different and cute. I like how it is like a sunbeam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that sunbeam idea...I had been thinking of it as pink steam :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards... so cool... I want all the things now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's another "make me poor, please" release, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Oh so pretty! Thanks for giving us some great ideas for doing some of the other foiling methods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the toner foiling!

      Delete
  4. I didn’t realize they had digital designs. I love your card, thanks for the information

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The digital designs are sort of new for Hero--and I love that I can use them while I'm waiting for my kit to ship!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card! And I'm sure I can use the coffee cups from another Hero Arts kit to recreate this card since I dont have the digitals. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda--love to see what you make! (and I have that kit, too--still a favorite of mine!)

      Delete
  8. Great design with the heart and cup and I like the pink and gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, Sue--it's a very feminine color scheme, somehow.

      Delete
  9. WOW - love this design - very eye catching

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous designs and so pretty in pink and gold! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

A Big Hello with Hero Arts