Monday, May 1, 2023

Summer Fun with Hero Arts Digitals

Hello Crafty Friends!

Much to my surprise and delight, summer is just around the corner.  Happily, Hero Arts new digital kit is  is just the thing to help me turn to summer card making.  

Here's my first Hero Arts Digital card this month: 


How to:  Using the Summer Memories Digital Kit, I copied the Summer Memories background image into a google doc and recolored it green in the google app and printed it onto onto copy paper.  I used a sticky adhesive sheet to paste the copy paper to a piece of light cardstock, cut it to 5.25 X 4 and lightly (sooo lightly!) blended some light blue ink in a cloudy kind of way everywhere except the bottom inch.  For the bottom inch I saved for some green ink blending.  Over the top I added the flamingo from the Lawn Ornaments Fancy Die set and its grass tufts so the flamingo has something to stand on.  These die cuts are just ink blended with ink that was left on my blenders.  I colored the flamingo's eye and beak with my black copic and then covered those with my Hero Arts Crystal Clear Lacquer Pen--because every card needs a tiny bit of shine, right?! Took my flaminigo'd, summery panel and popped into my A2 card base and that's it!

Digital images are so easy and quick to use--and they are a great way to showcase diecuts and other bigger parts of your crafty wardrobe!

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Essie

23 comments:

  1. Fun card. All of your cards look wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. So glad you like it--it's a great die set!

      Delete
  3. Who doesn't love a pink flamingo??? Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I can never get enough flamingo's in my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a WONDERFUL card! I don't know how to make digital cards, but I appreciate how perfect yours is. I need some tutorials....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few tutorials here in my blog--hope they help (and let me know if you have questions)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Card.. Love the flamingo..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I love him! Nothing says summer like a leggy, pink bird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree--flamingos are the party kings of the bird world!

      Delete
  8. That's a really nice hybrid card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Summer vibe.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the summer background for this cute flamingo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so easy to just recolor and print (onto typing paper!)

      Delete
  11. Wow! Fantastic digital stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty background design for the flamingo! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Flowers with Hero Arts Digitals