Monday, April 3, 2023

Hero Arts - Digital Petals Pop Art

Hello Friends,

Today is release day for the April My Monthly Hero Kit, which is choc full of slightly mod flower and some fab textures -- while waiting for my kit to arrive,  I played with images and sentiments from two of the digital sets, which release today.   Can you tell which artist I'm channeling? 

Card How To: 

  1. I opened a google doc, copied my favorite bloom from the Patterned Petals Digital Kit, and dropped it four times onto the blank page in the square formation (the blooms line up pretty automatically.  
  2. Printed it on very lightweight cardstock and colored the bloom in Copics--3 colors per flower (R32, R24, R26; Y00, Y06 Y17; B000, B02, B04; YG01, YG03, G14.) I did a drop shadow around the blooms using N0, N1, and N3. 
  3. Cut the design with my Square Infinity dies, and framed it with Hero Arts Pitch Black cardstock (best black cardstock evah.). 
  4. On the card base, I used a light gray ink and the Abstract Frames stencil to give my "wall" a little texture and mounted this picture using 3 squares of heavy cardstock to pop up the picture and a little ink line and a silver dot from my stash as my picture hanger.  
  5. The sentiment (also matted in black and popped up with 3 additional layers of cardstock) is from the Flowers in Vases Printable--which has such cute images and great sentiments--and I love the happy look of this font.  

I'm trying to channel Andy Warhol here with the same image in four colors--I find the symmetry and bright color pretty pleasing to my tired eyes.  What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by,

Essie

12 comments:

  1. These colorful flowers are so cute. It's great how you added shadows behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely clean and simple card! Love the idea of combining stamping and mixed media in these kits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card design and I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pretty flowers! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, colorful card -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shading. Love this card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I love how you colored the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty colors. I need to try the digital patterns

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card. I love grid designs and I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Flowers with Hero Arts Digitals