Monday, September 4, 2023

Mushroom Hunting with Hero Arts

Hello Crafty Friends,

How about some fantasy mushroom hunting using the latest printable from Hero Arts -- are they not adorable?  Kind of Autumnal Alice in Wonderland goes wild, I think?

I drank my morning coffee while watching the AMAZING Kelly Taylor do some bokeh/Copic backgrounds--her video was so inspiring that I had to try it myself! 

I spent today recovering from jet lag and coloring the grouped mushrooms in this digital printable (while binge-watching Better Call Saul...how have I missed this show?).  My back ground did NOT come out smooth and dreamy (sigh...it is not like Kelly's...), but the streaky colors still made me smile and I carried on coloring my little mushroom patch.  

Following Kelly's lead, I used Hero Arts unicorn white pigment ink with the Large Sprinkled Dots stencil to add that bokeh effect (Kelly does that a little differently, but I think this stencil really gets the job done).  I added a sentiment from the printable that's appropriately punny, backed both the mushrooms and the sentiment in HA's woodland cardstock, mounted them on an A2 card base and BOOM!  presto-card-o, ready to mail.  

I'll have more digital-based cards later this month for you (there's also a tree printable and a leafy digital kit to play with).  Until then, enjoy the changing season and thanks for stopping by. 

Essie

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring on the mushrooms! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! I feel like it's been ages since I did a Copics card!

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you using a digital image - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin! I'm glad you like it--I love coloring digis!

      Delete
  3. Adorable! I just love the background for these cute mushies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! Kelly Taylor's video was such an inspiration for me!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The bokeh sort of pulled it all together for me!

      Delete
  6. Love these whimsical mushrooms! Great colors and style for your fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card - the colouring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bokeh effect is gorgeous paired with the mushrooms, love these illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this colorful mushroom scene.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Flowers with Hero Arts Digitals