Monday, October 2, 2023

Winter Homes - Digital pop up card with Hero Arts

 Hi friends,  

There are so many new digital images this month at Hero Arts, it was hard to decide what to focus on.  I've used the sweet houses as the focal point for today's card. 


The base of this semicircle pop-up card uses the Snowflake Digital Papers in light blue--a perfect scene setter for this homes and pine trees in the Winter Homes Printable.  I printed that page on lightweight cardstock and colored the homes and trees with Copic marker in a graphic cartoon-y style.  Very simple. 

Using Hero Arts white glitter cardstock, I cut two 4 3/4 strips, with 1/4 folds on each end.  I used extra strong adhesive on those folds and slotted them into the  1 1/4 inch "wings" of that 6 1/2 inch semi-circle. Those glittery strips make snowy hills on which I adhered the two homes and pine trees.  Again--the key here is using extra strong adhesive--to me, that's the key to success when working with glitter cardstock.

For a sentiment, I've used a rub-on transfer from the new Holiday Messages set.  I think the no-frills font really works well with this little scene.

And that's the card!  

I hope you'll give these digital images a try -- and I'd love to see what you make!

Thanks for dropping by!

Essie

23 comments:

  1. Such a bright, festive card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling pop up house! I LOVE this winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your 3D card with this charming scene! The houses, trees and snowflake background look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a delightful design! I love that this pops up and that you have used these wonderful printable images to create your scene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I am NOT good at dimensional/pop up cards, yours is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun and sweet card! I love the cute winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the use of digital and traditional. Amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute scene for this pop up card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute winter scene - the wee houses are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little houses.
    Very creative card, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Flowers with Hero Arts Digitals