Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Beveled Foiling--New technique!

I'm kind of a youtube crafting addict--almost everything I know about card making I learned on weekend mornings, watching those youtube videos with my daughter, while we ate breakfast and marveled at techniques, products, and all of those beautiful cards!

After watching hundreds (maybe thousands) of those videos, I've made one of my own.  It's a technique video I made after a friend got my holiday card and asked "How did you do it?"

So, here's the card:  

...and the part that is a new technique is the beveled foiling background that shows the black cardstock behind the foiling and stenciling.  

Here's the foiled, stenciled background before it "grew up" into that card for Lydia


I hope you can see that there's height for the snowflake--that's what really gives that beveled look to the piece!

Materials I used:  

  1. Super shiny card stock (several different kinds work)
  2. Heat transfer foil (although Glimmer Foil works, too!),
  3. Foil transfer gel (and a couple of other gels work as well!), 
  4. Stencils
  5. A foiling machine (mine is a Heidi Swapp Minc machine, and since that's the only one I own, I can't make any claims about whether others will produce a similar result).  

Here's a collage of my results--I created these beautiful foil pieces, with raised stenciling and beveled edges that allow the cardstock underneath to show through.


I've been able to repeat the process--and can't wait for the weekend when I can experiment some more!  

 


Especially if you're a foiling fan, I'd love to see what you make! Your comments kind of make my day.

And as all those youtube videos say at the end, "please like, share, and subscribe." 


Thanks so much for stopping by,
Essie









6 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous!!! I am still a little confused about how you did this, but Love the effect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelly--Sorry it was confusing--did you have a chance to look at the video? If it's still confusing, I'd be happy to send you an email with the steps written out. It really is a fun (and easy!) technique. Best, Essie

      Delete
  2. Looks fabulous!!! I am still a little confused about how you did this, but Love the effect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous!!! I am still a little confused about how you did this, but Love the effect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cool! Love finding new things to try with my stencils and tons of foil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember how much you like to foil, Liz--and your creation always blow me away! So glad you liked this, E.

      Delete

Spring Flowers with Hero Arts Digitals