Monday, June 20, 2022

Glassy-Eyed: Month-Long Challenge with Power Poppy

 Hello Crafty Friends!

Today we begin a new month-long challenge at Power Poppy -- and it's all about incorporating glass and shine into your Power Poppy creation. There are so many designs that work well with this challenge -- and sweet Marcella Hawley is discounting most of them in the Power Poppy shop, so it's a perfect time to work on your glassy coloring technique!

My card for this challenge uses the digi stamp called Seaside Sweetness--I love that summer, beachy vibe!

I've colored the beachy image under a glass cloche very simply, and am using the very lightest of my B and BG Copic markers to create the appearance of glass covering the seaside vignette with its enamel teapot, coral, starfish, shell, and sand.  One of my great delights in using digital stamps is that I can scale the design to suit my card--and this is a pretty big (A7:  5X7 inch) card, so I scaled the design to 115%.  


After fussy cutting the cloche, I used a black Sharpie to color its edges--simple addition, but one that really makes the image pop.  To keep the glass effect going, the background behind the cloche is ink-blended in the same color family as the glass (I used Tim Holtz' Tumbled Glass distress ink) and the image is popped up on foam strips.  I also made a picnic table with a tablecloth created using Hero Arts Bandana Bold Print background stamp and a couple of shades of red ink to give that cloth some movement.  The table top is a woodgrain stencil from my stash ... and the sentiment--also Power Poppy--keeps my glassy theme on point.  

I hope you'll try your hand some of Power Poppy's glassy designs--such an easy way to give some extra interest and dimension to your images.  

Can't wait to see what you make!

Essie 

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty and fresh feeling. That hankerchief (spelling?) look is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Stacy! I'm so glad you like it (have been looking for a chance to use this handkerchief stamp for ages!) :)

      Delete

A Big Hello with Hero Arts