Saturday, June 12, 2021

Monochrome Madness, Part 2

 Hello Crafty Friends, 

 For my last monochrome card, I have the blues!

I trotted out a tried and true background technique that made for an afternoon of fun in the sun with #1 son helping out as my iPhone videographer.  (Thanks, son...we'll miss you when you're away at school in the fall.)




The background technique (called marbling) is SO easy--and you can make boatloads of backgrounds in moments.  Here's a small sampling of the 20 or so backgrounds I made in about 30 minutes:

You can read all about how I made this card on Hero Arts' blog.  I've also made a super quick video about how to make these marbled backgrounds that you can watch on You Tube.  

I hope you'll give marbling a try and let me know how it goes!  And if you stick with a monochrome palette, why not join us on A Blog Named Hero--(those prizes can really help you increase your treasure trove of Hero Arts supplies!)

Thanks for dropping by,

Essie






2 comments:

  1. I gotta see how to make these backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! It's sooo simple! Check out the 90 second video I made (link to my YT channel is above)--it's even easier than it looks and I KNOW you'll make some beautiful things with the technique!

      Delete

Spring Flowers with Hero Arts Digitals