Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Flower Arranging with Hero Arts Digitals

 Hello friends!

I had such fun working with the July digital kit from Hero Arts called "Real Flowers."  They are really gorgeous and ready for arranging.  Using (as ever) free software from Google, I made a set of 4 different cards, and added a surprise inside each one. 



There are 16 (yes, 16!) different flowers in the digital kit.  Each is presented in a bright color and also in black.  

For each card, I simply arranged flowers into a small bouquet--3 different flowers, sending the taller ones to the back of the arrangement, the smaller ones in the front, and tilting the flowers so that the stems overlap near the bottom.  I turned each arrangement into a grouping and added a green drop shadow to the arrangement --the shadow adds so much dimension. I placed this image into the left lower corner of the page.

Using sentiments from the new Park Scene Printable, I added a sentiment to the bottom right of each bouquet.  

I used Hero Arts peony card stock for card bases and, to create sparkle and a little something extra, I blended a piece of Hero Arts silver glitter card stock with pinks on the top and dark green on the bottom, creating a sort of ombre using Hero's inks in pine, azalea, cotton candy, and peony.   I cut this glitzy ombre paper into  1/4 inch strips and placed a strip on the left side of each card--again weighting the design to the left.  





And so that's the card set--clean and simple--for me!

Well, that's almost it. The flowers were so easy to work with that I created an interior panel for each card using a single bloom from the card's bouquet, sized large, and with a lot of transparency (I moved the "opacity" to about 25% for those interior blooms.)  It was such a quick and easy addition, and sweetly completes the cards.  To show you these special interiors, I added a teeny tiny video to my teeny tiny YouTube channel--here's the link:  Essie's Flower Cards on YT 

Thanks so much for stopping by--I'm excited to see what you create with these latest Hero Arts digital designs.

Essie 


23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha--so glad you like them!

      Delete
  2. Pretty cards! I really love that design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Essie! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Connie--what a kind thing to say!

      Delete
  4. These are so elegant and would make a wonderful gift set for someone.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about a gift set, too! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cards! Love how you did the shadows and made the flowers more realistic. Great job for a simple card - they are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geri--I struggle a bit with CAS cards, so I really appreciate your kind compliment!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful designs and colors! I love these flowers so much! Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These are beautiful and I love the glittery borders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! Love the simplicity of the design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all lovely and congrats on guesting with Hero Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful set of cards. I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty the flowers are. They make me wish I did digital :)

    ReplyDelete

Spring Flowers with Hero Arts Digitals