Friday, February 26, 2021

Rustic Reimagined: A Wood and Feathers Fantasy

 Hello Friends and Happy Friday! 

My crafty cohorts and I have a new card challenge for you over at Beyond the Blue.  It's easy and fun!

For this challenge, you make a woodgrain card front with a stamp or embossing folder (I used an embossing folder), cut it up, color/ink blend it in at least two different ways, and reassemble the pieces.  You get a cool barn plank effect that makes a great back drop for a quote or a diecut...or--in my case--both!


The feathers are from my overly large stash, colored during a gel press session with splash inks, and I've "gilded" them with iridescent foil applied with the help of a glue pen.  The quote "art grows brain cells" is from Picket Fence Studios--and it was their original video by card designer and Crafty Queen Susan Wymer that got our Beyond the Blue Team fired up for this latest challenge.  

Hope you'll join us in trying out this fun and easy effect!

Thanks for stopping by,

Essie

2 comments:

  1. Yummy feathers! Do you happen to remember what dies those are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I do remember--here's the info: Spellbinders S4-428 Shapeabilities Feathers Etched/Wafer Thin Dies (got it on Amazon!)

      Delete

Spring Flowers with Hero Arts Digitals